We are pleased to announce that Northern Virginia magazine has honored Dr. Khouri in naming him one of the area’s Top Dentists for 2014. Dr. Khouri was selected for this prestigios award based upon peer and panel reviews and recognizes Dr. Khouri for his “continued commitment to providing nothing short of excellence.”
The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) recommends that all children have a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
The reasons for this examination follow:
• The posterior occlusion is established when the first molars erupt. At that time, one can evaluate the antero-posterior and transverse relationships of the occlusion, as well as discover any functional shifts or crossbites.
• Incisors have begun to erupt and problems can be detected such as crowding, habits, deep bites, open bites and some jaw discrepancies.
• For some, a timely evaluation will lead to significant treatment benefits; for others, the principal immediate benefit is a parent’s peace of mind.
The AAO does not advocate comprehensive orthodontic treatment at age 7. However, interceptive treatment may be appropriate in the kinds of problems shown on the reverse. Final treatment decisions should be made among the parent, child’s dentist and orthodontist.
• AAO website, mylifemysmile.org
• AAO members in your area.
Photo Courtesy of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Don’t be a victim! Khouri Orthodontics proudly supports upcoming Women’s Self defense Seminar.
3:38 pm, September 8, 2014